Thursday, April 25, 2013

Technology...yesterday, today and tomorrow.


 Reflections from TED talk
Watching Pranav Mistry play with his gadgets makes us wonder about what technology could do… if we gave a bit of freedom to our imagination. I think 6th sense technology owes its success to the imagination of its creator, rather than his obvious electronic skills. 

Pranav Mistry is thinking out of the box when he designs gadgets that work by interacting with our world directly. Transforming his hand to a smart phone or a piece of paper into a computer pad are the proof that often innovation is very close to our reach. We just have to stretch more.

Personally I think that in the near future technology is not going to need our hand or a piece of paper as a screen. I think there will be no need for screens at all!

At the end of the day all that screens do is reflecting light to our eyes, right? So why not project these images to our eyes directly? And what will happen the next century? We’ll probably get computers “talk” to our brains directly, very necessary when our eyes get too tired of staring to electronic images.

Does this look like impossible to you? I understand your feelings. I would have never thought that my teachers could publish all their homework assignments in a way that my parents and me could check it out using a device from our pockets. But that was last century. This century we can do much more with our students. Internet has changed the way I work in my role of a Mathematics teacher. I don’t think I could be so creative otherwise. Technology motivates me to work longer hours, allowing me to be more creative and enjoy my work more.

No comments:

Post a Comment